Historic Preservation 101 Workshop for Real Estate Professionals
Preservation Kentucky conducts workshops for real estate professionals, developers, historic building owners, loan officers, accountants and others interested in understanding historic properties and how to sell them. The workshops discusses why historic buildings appeal to target demographics, the value they offer potential buyers and financial incentives for owning them.
Licenses real estate agents and brokers who attend the workshop can earn KREC approved CEU credits: 2 hours Law / 2 hours Elective.
Workshop topics include
- Incentives for buildings and buyers
- State and federal tax credits
- Kentucky historic architectural styles
- Sustainability and energy efficiency of historic buildings
- Design standards for rehabilitation
- Myths about old buildings
- Marketing and selling historic real estate
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers
- Tax Credit Accountants/CPAs
- Bank Leadership Team
- Loan Officers
- Historic Property Owners
- Preservation Professionals
- Nonprofit Staff and Board Members
About this course
This course is approved by the Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC) for the Kentucky Heritage Council, an agency of the Arts, Tourism & Heritage Cabinet and Preservation Kentucky, a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit.
For more information, contact Preservation Kentucky at 502-874-4570 or email workshop [at] preservationkentucky.org.